What is Samsung Kies? How to Use Samsung Kies to Upgrade Firmware. Samsung Kies is the app to use if you own a Samsung Galaxy device prior to the Galaxy Note 3 and wish to manually update your phone with the newest firmware version. Additionally, this tool allows you to back up all of the data on your phone and transfer media files between your PC and smartphone.
In this post, we’ll explain what Samsung Kies is and how to use it to upgrade your smartphone using Samsung’s official program. Users should be aware, however, that the Kies program does not permit the installation of region-specific ROMs on their devices, nor does it permit the installation of custom ROMs. So, with that out of the way, let’s get right into the meat of the article.
Table of Contents
How to Use Samsung Kies to Upgrade Firmware
What is Samsung Kies?
Samsung Kies is the official software from Samsung, the Korean OEM, that allows you to update your smartphone to the latest firmware version if it is available via the Kies program. It is better suited for Samsung Galaxy devices from the past. The Kies application also allows you to sync your phone’s data and backup your contacts, which can come in handy if your phone’s data is unintentionally destroyed.
It also contains a feature that allows you to transfer media assets such as music and video from your computer to your phone and vice versa. This tool works with practically all Samsung phones. When it comes to the app’s usability, it has a basic user interface, and all you have to do is install Kies software on your computer and connect your phone to it, and you’re ready to go.
Features of Samsung Kies:
- Kies is Samsung’s official program for managing, transferring, and enjoying content such as images, movies, music, contacts, and calendar events between compatible mobile devices and computers.
- You may also use Kies to sync your Microsoft Outlook content from your PC to your mobile device.
- Update your mobile phone.
Advantages and Disadvantages:
Consider the following benefits and drawbacks of the Samsung Kies software:
- The tool is updated on a regular basis, adding new functionality.
- Compatibility with older devices is improved.
- With the current version of Kies, you can get the most recent firmware update.
- Back up your phone’s data to your computer.
- Files can be transferred from your PC to your phone.
- Only older Samsung Galaxy devices produced before the Samsung Galaxy. Note 3 is compatible with Kies.
- You won’t be able to install ROMs from other countries.
- You also can’t use Kies to install unofficial custom ROMs on your handset.
Samsung Kies Latest Version Free Download
How to Download and install the firmware using Samsung Kies?
Go to this Samsung Firmware list and search for your device model to download the latest firmware for your Samsung smartphone. To use Samsung Kies to upgrade to the latest firmware, follow this procedure. Please keep in mind that Samsung Kies does not back up your data automatically (contacts, calendar, photos, and other files). Please make a manual backup of all of your data before installing the update below, otherwise, your data will be lost. So keep an eye on this article.
How to backup your data without root.
- First, get the Samsung Kies program on your computer and install it.
- Also, make sure you have the USB Driver downloaded and installed on your computer (recommended)
- Connect your Samsung device to the computer via a USB cable after you’ve opened and run the Samsung Kies software.
- Your device name/model will appear on the left side of the screen once you’ve connected.
- Select your device’s name/model by clicking on it (e.g., GT-I9250M).
- Now, select the import/export option and ensure that all of your contacts are exported to your computer.
- After you’ve exported all of your data, you’ll get a message to upgrade your phone if a new version is available.
- The update should be selected. If notification of an update appears,
- Make sure you read the directions on the screen. Check the box next to “I agree” and then click “Start upgrading.”
- The software update is about to start. The whole thing could take up to 60 minutes, and you won’t be able to use your device during that time. Don’t turn off your device until the update is finished.