Google Family Link for Parents. Google Family Link Explanation For Parents. Try Google’s free Family Link Parental Controls app. Whether your kids are younger or younger, the Family Link app allows you to set your own device’s digital ground rules remotely to help guide them as they learn, play, and explore online.
For children under 13 (or the age of consent appropriate in your country), Family Link also helps you to build your child’s Google Account, which is like your account, with access to most of Google services.
Google Family Link for Parents
Guide them to good content:
- View the operation of their app-Not all screen times are the same. Help your child make good choices about what they’re doing on their Android computer, with activity reports that display how much time they spend on their favorite devices. You can display reports daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Manage their apps-Handy alerts allow you to accept or reject apps from the Google Play Store that your child wants to download. You can also monitor in-app purchases, and remove individual apps from your own computer, all remotely.
Keep a close eye on screen time:
- Set limits-It is up to you to determine which screen time is right for your kids. Family Link allows you to set time limits for their supervised devices and bedtime, so you can help them find a good balance.
- Lock their device-Whether it ‘s time to go out to play, have dinner or just spend time together, you can lock a supervised device remotely whenever it’s time to take a break.
See where they stand:
- It’s helpful when they’re on the go, to find your kids. You can use Family Link to help you locate them while carrying your Android devices
Google Family Link
- Family Link tools vary according to the device of your child. See familyes.google.com/familylink/setup for a list of compatible devices
- While Family Connection helps you monitor your child’s Google Play purchases and downloads, they do not need permission to install device updates (including updates that extend permissions);
- Apps that you previously accepted or Apps shared in the Family Library. Parents will check the applications and software permissions built for their child in Family Link on a regular basis.
- Check applications on your child’s monitored computer carefully, and uninstall any you don’t want to use them. Notice that some of the pre-installed applications might not be deactivated.
- To see where your child or teen computer is located, it must be turned on, recently active, and connected to the internet.
- Teacher-recommended apps are available in the US only for parents of children of certain ages on Android devices.
- While Family Link provides tools to manage the online experience of your child, it doesn’t make the web safe. Instead, it seeks to offer parents options on how their children use the internet and to promote discussions on internet use.